The Irishman (2019) a crime thriller starting in the 1950s . I’m sure most have watched this wonderful movie , it’s definitely a firm favourite of mine . There’s way to many amazing actors to mention but I must say Joe Pesci as Russell Bufalino definitely made his presence felt with just a mere look or a brief smile , you paid attention !! Yes it’s a long film , but in my humble opinion it’s not a minute too long .. so for those of you who haven’t seen it … please do
Brawl in cell block 99 … ( 2017) wow definitely a brutal movie and what a storyline !!!
I’m not a fan of violent movies but this had a great story line … Vince Vaughn was amazing as Bradley Thomas … what an actor I’m used to him portraying the fumbling nice guy , think again in this he’s definitely the hard guy .. blown away by his acting . A prison thriller with a twist …. a movie full of great actors , Don Johnson is fun to watch , in fact all the actors were on point . Want to watch a gritty violent movie with a twist?🤨 Then I definitely recommend this wonderful movie
Thanks for reading.. Stay safe
Borderlands (2013) is definitely one of my favourite scary movies . A group are sent to a church to investigate a miracle from the Vatican. It’s a movie that grabs you early on , the unease building throughout the movie . Visually very cool . No spoilers from me but if your a fan of horror / supernatural this is definitely worth a watch. Gordon Kennedy / Deacon is absolutely awesome to watch . In fact all the actors are great . This isn’t a big budget movie and may of gone unnoticed… wake up call guys this movie is definitely worth watching..
Did you know? You could get this movie from DVD Locker as part of our subscription service.. want to know more? Find out here
Thanks for reading, happy watching
Fanboys (2009) is my go to movie to watch and guaranteed to make me smile . It’s definitely one of my feel good movie favourites. It’s a definite must watch for Star Wars fans and keep your eyes peeled for the cameos . So the story is based on a group of hard core fans of Star Wars and their raid on sky Walker ranch . I love the references to Star Trek too and being a fan of both , it certainly made me giggle , it’s a movie that pokes fun at fandom in a kind way and anyone whose dabbled in the convention scene will have definitely met characters like this 😁 I loved Dan Fogler aka Hutch… his character was a hoot , made me laugh … in fact all the actors/ characters were wonderful .
I’m not going to give away the story lines … just take my word for it …. it’s definitely worth a watch , there’s a nerd in every one of us…
You know what goes great with a Movie? Some good old treats! Oh yes why not upgrade your Movie Night and make it extra special..
We at DVDLocker are passionate about Movies, our company made by Movie Lovers for Movie Lovers. We’ve had a discussion of our staff members favourite treats and snacks whilst watching a Movie, of course our results were very different but we’d love to share our Top 10 Treats that seemed to have come out on top !
- Number 1 — Popcorn – A true classic for any movie out there! No wonder why the cinemas use this past time.. And before you ask we prefer salted Y-U-M-M-Y!!
- Number 2 — Haribos – The modern day favourite that’s great for adults too! A lot of our staff seemed to agree that these sweets are to good NOT to miss! Our favourite: the eggs mmmmmm!
- Number 3 — Cucumber & Humus – This one came in a not to shabby third place! OK so a lot of staff are vegan and vegetarians, but if your looking for a refreshing, healthy and guilt free snack then this is the one for you.
- Number 4 — Chocolate Buttons – Now we are talking, I personally love these (no guessing which I opted for) specially the large buttons perfect for those melt in your mouth kind of moments, pure chocolate heaven!
- Number 5 — Pringles – This causes a slight divide with us in DVDLocker HQ as we thought the “crunch” noise would distract you from the movie! However it’s still ended up in spot number 5 on our list, after all once you pop… Our favourite flavour I hear you ask – Sour cream & Chive.
- Number 6 — Olives – Again we are back on the healthy route, olives are a great all rounder that’s not only good for you but soo nice too, so why not switch up your treats for something different..
- Number 7 — Cheese & Crackers – If you wanted to have a slightly more up market treat whilst your settling down to a great movie, then you can’t go wrong good ol’ cheese and crackers! Even if you don’t like cheese crackers on their own with some butter are devine..
- Number 8 — Pretzels – Popular by most, Pretzels are a great appetiser that’s perfect for to enhance your viewing experience. The saltiness of the pretzels will make you want more and more just don’t forget to have a drink handy!
- Number 9 — Nachos & Cheese – If your looking to upgrade your treats then Nachos and Cheese is a serious contender! A perfect yet naughty treat that will keep you coming back for more and more.. just remember to keep your eyes on the screen or at least pause so you don’t miss out any of the movie 😉
- Number 10 — Nuts – Finally that grabbed the number 10 spot was nuts! Whether you like peanuts, walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts or pecans they are a great and simple snack that is healthier and of course satisfying.
So there you have it our very own Top 10 Treats to accompany your Movie Night! – Hopefully we’ve given you some ideas and inspiration for your next Movie Night.
Why not give some of our Treats a go next time and see what you think, it’s always good to switch it up. Change is good.
Need some movies to go with your treats? Then why not head over to our Movie Subscription?
You can either click the DVDLocker logo in the top corner of your screen. Or visit us directly by Clicking here
That brings us to the end of this blog.
Thanks for reading and happy eating 🍽
OK, so yes we’ve been in a pandemic which I’m sure will be going down in the History Books. Times have been well a little uncertain to say the least, with 1000s or deaths (R.I.P x), businesses going under, staff members being furloughed and of course the whole world being banned from leaving the house apart from for essential purposes only..
So yes 2020 hasn’t been the best to us, even us at DVDLocker had to restructure a few things to make sure we safeguarded our future.
With a lot of time on our hands, and the ability for all our staff members to work from home remotely we have been working on some new, improved offerings that we cannot wait to bring to your DVDLocker membership!
So this post is about all the NEW things you can expect to see in the upcoming weeks ahead…
- Our very own DVDLocker Shop – this is our brand new offering, we will be allowing our members access to some great movies from Steel Boxsets, Special Edition movies and more..
- Upgrade Your Deliveries – We know the post has been somewhat slow over the last few months, so coming soon you can have the standard delivery which will be at NO COST to you, or you can choose to upgrade to a Tracked Service, Next Day Service and more! These will carry an additional cost but you can opt in and out anytime you like.
- Fresh Movies – We have been adding more and more titles to our monthly movie subscription service to give you better choices than ever!
- Perks – Oh yes! Perks are coming back and with a vengeance! Get ready for some great prizes, competitions and freebies and yes this is completely FREE as part of your DVDLocker subscription.
- DVDLocker insider returns – This one seems quite obvious as your reading as we speak, however we’ve returned and will be writing more content than ever and of coirsr some sneaky DVDLocker insider peaks too!
- Out with the old in with the new – We have tweaked and changed our packaging and materials for a fresh new look! You will start seeing the new look packages from July onwards.. We have changed our packaging to a more ECO friendly product that is 100% recyclable – yes that’s right, 100%!! And we have also changed our flyers to cards too.
- Price Rise FREEZE – As with most businesses as times go on prices do tend to increase we haven’t had a price increase since 2016 as we do try to keep our prices fair. However as of August 2020 we will be bringing in our price increase – the good news?! For every existing DVDLocker subscriber your price will remain frozen! So yes you won’t be affected by this.
- 4K Plans – Yes you heard right our 4K plans will be launching very shortly. Are you ready for a different view?
- A List Movies – We will be adding a new add on which will allow you to have the newest movies to date! These titles will be anything from 2019 – 2020 so you will get the newest stuff that has hit the screens! Keep your eyes peeled for this add on launching soon..
- DVDLocker is changing – And finally in the background our IT geeks have been updating, coding and altering our DVDLocker website from the ground up, a little hint? We’ve gone for a different colour scheme; all shall be revealed before August! We can’t wait to hear your thoughts.
As you can see we have been busy working on additional features, add ons and services to bring your more value & excitement to your DVDLocker monthly subscription – we cannot wait for you to try these out for yourself!
So until next time Stay Safe
Welcome to the new DVD locker news blog
We’ll keep you updated on new features on your account, offers and promotions and the latest movie reviews and releases.
Keep your eyes peeled
DVD Locker Social Team
Well hello all, so here is our most recent update as most of you know we are in the process of migrating all of our customers accounts to a newer, faster and more responsive platform – we build all our systems in-house from the ground up so this does take sometime.
From our last post, we have encountered some minor problems however, we have got our Tech Department working around all hours to get this up and running ready for launch.
With the issues we have faced we have made slight adjustments to the new OS software that you will soon see from home, therefore we have extended our deadline to be finished between 4th – 8th June
As it stands you can still use everything in the current DVDLocker Account as you would normally, and shouldn’t encounter any issues whatsoever. As soon as we migrate everyone to our new Platform here’s how it will happen:
- We will email every customer asking you to login to your account as soon as are ready to launch worldwide.
- Once you login you will see the immediate changes to your profile
- If you have any issues with anything please contact our Technical Development directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Because of the amount of Customers we have to migrate to the new Platform, we may encounter some minor delays on launch day, this isn’t planned but we like to edge on the side of caution- just incase!
- Your Data, Profile, Current Plan and Banking Information will move swiftly over to the new Platform
- Your previous Film and Package history will also be migrated so you will not lose anything
- All the new features you will see once you login will be available to use immediately
- If you need to change any information before or after migration, this will all be processed as normal – immediately updated in your account
- We plan to launch our new Platform very soon, and may launch and add further features down the line
- Your Account details, username and everything else will remain the SAME we will not change anything
If you have any questions raised about this please contact our Customer Care Department on any of the following methods:
LIVE Chat, Email Support, Telephone, Whatsapp, Text Message, Instagram or Twitter
Consider this our final update regarding the Migration to our new Platform, we will now update when we are fully live and have launched, so please keep an eye out in your inboxes
Thanks for reading,
DVDLocker Blogging Team
‘More than Movies’
We have something rather exciting to tell you all, read below to find out more…
WHAT: As you may nor may not be aware, we have been working on adding a new service to the DVDLocker platform, due to our past and recent success’s and of course our very valuable customer feedback we have decided to go full steam ahead on adding our Box-sets additions to our listings, meaning as well as films you can select a TV Box-set Package
WHEN: Originally this was going to be worked on during March-April, however since we have almost all of our stock available this will be something we plan to launch by the end of February so keep your eyes peeled!
Below we are going to be answering some questions in regards to our brand new TV box-set service;
Where will the Box-sets be located? – This will take centre stage of our website, where you currently see the options to choose DVD or Bluray, we will add a third option in there, yep you guessed it TV Box-sets will be an option!
What types of TV Series will you be having? – We currently have around 9,000 different TV Series in our listings, we have a wide variety of well everything from Downtown Abbey to Prison Break, we also have Family Guy and Simpson’s and everything in between..
How will you know what TV Series I like? – This will work similar to how we select your film choices, you will be presented with a questionnaire and then asked to rate certain TV Series from a list we provide, we will then take this information and convert this into a match made in heaven for your TV viewing pleasure!
What if I don’t like what you pick for me? – As always you have the option to swap your TV Series selection our team has picked for you, and remember you can have unlimited swaps, however be mindful that from customer feedback we actually get it right quite alot of the time, so you can be rest assured we know our stuff 🙂
Can I upgrade from my Film Package to the TV Box-sets? – Absolutely! Upgrading your account in your DVDLocker account is as simple as 1..2..3, changes are instant as well, so if you decide to change over from Films to TV Box-sets, you simply click on the TV Box-sets package and click upgrade, your membership will then stay on the TV Box-sets package until you instruct us otherwise.
Do I keep the Box-sets you send out? – This is something that we here DVDLocker Pride ourselves on, everything we send you, is yours to keep we do not require any customer to send back any of the discs we send you! That’s why you really can build up your film collection with us..
Will the TV Box-sets be BRAND new? – Of course, everything we send to our customers are 100% genuine DVDs, Films and TV Series, we pride ourselves on quality of our items we send you, we do of course check that the discs work perfectly, this is known as our ‘Test and Send’ procedure, where we have a specialist team who make sure the discs are perfect from beginning to end we will always send you the highest quality products.
How much are the TV Box-sets gonna be? – The Box-sets option will be the following prices; this will include the whole series of any of the TV Series we have available, we will base our results upon your questionnaire and your selection process, as we stated earlier if you aren’t happy with the selection you can always swap it simply from your DVDLocker Account.
For DVDs – £14.99 per month
For Blurays – £23.99 per month
Can I get both Films and TV Series from you? – This is something that we are currently discussing and working out, so we will keep you posted on this one, we want to be able to bring you the best Entertainment we can offer at an affordable, monthly price, we have even talked about having a Film and TV Plan that sends you both content each month, again this is still something that we are testing to see if it’s going to work.
When will I see the TV Box-sets on the website? – We are due to launch this new service at the end of the month! Not to long to wait…
We hope we have given you an insight of our latest editions to the DVDLocker Family, if you have any questions regarding this please contact us via the following lines of communication; Email, LIVE Chat, Whattsapp Messenger, Text Message, Telephone
Have a great day!
DVDLocker Blog Team
So we are currently in February how the time flies by! alot has happened over the last few months, so see our breakdown below;
- We have made your DVDLocker Accounts Better, more reliable and super quick!
- We have added the option for you to Swap your film titles (chosen by our film team) instantly via your account
- We have added current listings of our movies available directly from our website, Now you can see some of the amazing content DVDLocker has to offer
- Due to Customer demand we have Removed the option of a one off payment, all customers voted they want to keep it as a running subscription (of course still month by month, cancel any-time you like)
- We are currently rated at 4.9 out of 5 on review websites – you must like us, and we are so glad 🙂
- We have moved with the times and got a brand spanking new 03 number, if you want to speak to our fantastic team simply dial – 03333 399 850
- Due to customer demand we have amended our opening hours, we are now open the following days and times
Monday – Friday Saturday Sunday
9am —– 7pm 10am—2pm CLOSED
As you can see we have been rather busy in the last few months, as we are always looking to offer our customers a Better, Value for Money service we want to thank each and every customer personally for joining us on our venture, we are coming across as very popular, but one thing we will always put first is YOU our customers
How is March to April looking?
Of course we are working on a few little extras, added bonuses and updated accounts as per usual, see a taster of what’s to come…
- Introduction to LIVE film trailers, you can view directly from our website or your account – Coming Soon
- We have been busy investing more funds into your Entertainment! Get ready for our Boxsets packages – Coming Soon
- We are working on our very own, unique DVDLocker rewards package, we will reward you for staying a loyal member, sound fair? – Coming Soon
- Even though we are still in BETA testing currently, we will be starting to roll out our brand new DVDLocker App – Coming Soon
- We are going to host our very own DVDLocker CustomerChat we don’t expect you to know about this, but simply this will allow all of our existing customers to speak to our team directly via LIVE Chat so we can ask you some questions and you can tell us what you Love, Hate or Want we can then build the service better – Coming Soon
As you can see we have our work cut out for the months of March to April with lots of things going on at DVDLocker HQ, behind the scenes of our company we have got our IT guys working their coding magic to make our website more Secure, Fast and Reliable than ever! We then have our Film Experts who are always on the lookout for the best, iconic & great films that you will LOVE, we then have our marketing team being very social through our Social Media Platforms why not send us a tweet or post a picture with your films? We love a good natter!
There we have our February update we shall be back with you on March 12th
DVDLocker Blogging Team
‘Catch the news inside HQ.. First’
So we are nearing the end of September and as per usual we here at DVD Locker have been busy making our service more, robust, safe and above all smarter than ever! Allowing YOU our customers extra value for money and an easier platform to use for our service. Let’s take a look at how we changed in September.
- We introduced you to our Like, Swap & Dislike feature, allowing you to really have your say when we have chosen your movie(s)
- We are implementing a Rewards Package for all DVD Locker Customers, based on loyalty; you will be able to swap your points for all sorts of prizes from Free DVDs, to Cinema Tickets and even weekend breaks away all paid for by us.
- We have made your DVD Locker Account Portals Faster, Smarter and Safer – Our customers are our number one priority, and your safety shall never be compromised.
- We are currently implementing a new package which you will see mid October it will be a ‘Block Buster package’ meaning you can get the very latest DVDs & Blurays that are out today, and as always we promise that the price will be competitive saving you a small fortune from local supermarkets, shops and movie stores.
- Our Hamper packs are back, and with a mighty BOOM, stay tuned to see our brand new Hamper Package page which will be accessible from DVD Lockers main website.
- We have introduced Vouchers as an option for you to purchase as gifts for your friends and family. We are in the process of making this feature better, look out for the new-look Voucher which might we add will be 100% customisable by you (in real time) Your vouchers really will be personal than ever.
- We added Whatsapp to our contact panel, now you can connect with us directly from your accounts, and we aim to respond within 10 minutes. Why not add DVD Locker to your contacts? – 0799974264
- We are currently testing our brand new SMS Notification Service We want to make DVD Locker easy, Simple and effective as we can, so our new SMS Notification service will allow us to send you simple updated texts to your Mobile(s) when we have something to update you on; for example ‘Your Films have been dispatched, look out for the postie!’ and ‘We have now updated your new address, details thanks’ – look out for this in the upcoming future.
As you can see September has been quite a busy month for us here at DVD Locker but we always want to make our Service the best it can be, and of course we need your help to do this, so if you have any suggestions, comments or idea’s our team would love to hear from you simply email us at email@example.com and we will look into this and see if it fits into our company roadmap, and who knows your idea really might be the next DVD Locker update.
So we have listened to all our customers feedback and as a result we have decided to move our customers dispatch dates forward – meaning that you will have;
- Longer time periods to ‘SWAP’ your movies
- More breathing space for your busy lifestyles
- More time to really decide if the films we are sending are going to suit your needs
We have moved everyone of our customers dispatch dates forward by 5 days
If you need longer, please email Customer Care on firstname.lastname@example.org
*We aim to respond to all customer queries within 2 working hours.