The Irishman (2019) a crime thriller starting in the 1950s . I’m sure most have watched this wonderful movie , it’s definitely a firm favourite of mine . There’s way to many amazing actors to mention but I must say Joe Pesci as Russell Bufalino definitely made his presence felt with just a mere look or a brief smile , you paid attention !! Yes it’s a long film , but in my humble opinion it’s not a minute too long .. so for those of you who haven’t seen it … please do
Borderlands (2013) is definitely one of my favourite scary movies . A group are sent to a church to investigate a miracle from the Vatican. It’s a movie that grabs you early on , the unease building throughout the movie . Visually very cool . No spoilers from me but if your a fan of horror / supernatural this is definitely worth a watch. Gordon Kennedy / Deacon is absolutely awesome to watch . In fact all the actors are great . This isn’t a big budget movie and may of gone unnoticed… wake up call guys this movie is definitely worth watching..
Did you know? You could get this movie from DVD Locker as part of our subscription service.. want to know more? Find out here
Thanks for reading, happy watching
Fanboys (2009) is my go to movie to watch and guaranteed to make me smile . It’s definitely one of my feel good movie favourites. It’s a definite must watch for Star Wars fans and keep your eyes peeled for the cameos . So the story is based on a group of hard core fans of Star Wars and their raid on sky Walker ranch . I love the references to Star Trek too and being a fan of both , it certainly made me giggle , it’s a movie that pokes fun at fandom in a kind way and anyone whose dabbled in the convention scene will have definitely met characters like this 😁 I loved Dan Fogler aka Hutch… his character was a hoot , made me laugh … in fact all the actors/ characters were wonderful .
I’m not going to give away the story lines … just take my word for it …. it’s definitely worth a watch , there’s a nerd in every one of us…
You know what goes great with a Movie? Some good old treats! Oh yes why not upgrade your Movie Night and make it extra special..
We at DVDLocker are passionate about Movies, our company made by Movie Lovers for Movie Lovers. We’ve had a discussion of our staff members favourite treats and snacks whilst watching a Movie, of course our results were very different but we’d love to share our Top 10 Treats that seemed to have come out on top !
- Number 1 — Popcorn – A true classic for any movie out there! No wonder why the cinemas use this past time.. And before you ask we prefer salted Y-U-M-M-Y!!
- Number 2 — Haribos – The modern day favourite that’s great for adults too! A lot of our staff seemed to agree that these sweets are to good NOT to miss! Our favourite: the eggs mmmmmm!
- Number 3 — Cucumber & Humus – This one came in a not to shabby third place! OK so a lot of staff are vegan and vegetarians, but if your looking for a refreshing, healthy and guilt free snack then this is the one for you.
- Number 4 — Chocolate Buttons – Now we are talking, I personally love these (no guessing which I opted for) specially the large buttons perfect for those melt in your mouth kind of moments, pure chocolate heaven!
- Number 5 — Pringles – This causes a slight divide with us in DVDLocker HQ as we thought the “crunch” noise would distract you from the movie! However it’s still ended up in spot number 5 on our list, after all once you pop… Our favourite flavour I hear you ask – Sour cream & Chive.
- Number 6 — Olives – Again we are back on the healthy route, olives are a great all rounder that’s not only good for you but soo nice too, so why not switch up your treats for something different..
- Number 7 — Cheese & Crackers – If you wanted to have a slightly more up market treat whilst your settling down to a great movie, then you can’t go wrong good ol’ cheese and crackers! Even if you don’t like cheese crackers on their own with some butter are devine..
- Number 8 — Pretzels – Popular by most, Pretzels are a great appetiser that’s perfect for to enhance your viewing experience. The saltiness of the pretzels will make you want more and more just don’t forget to have a drink handy!
- Number 9 — Nachos & Cheese – If your looking to upgrade your treats then Nachos and Cheese is a serious contender! A perfect yet naughty treat that will keep you coming back for more and more.. just remember to keep your eyes on the screen or at least pause so you don’t miss out any of the movie 😉
- Number 10 — Nuts – Finally that grabbed the number 10 spot was nuts! Whether you like peanuts, walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts or pecans they are a great and simple snack that is healthier and of course satisfying.
So there you have it our very own Top 10 Treats to accompany your Movie Night! – Hopefully we’ve given you some ideas and inspiration for your next Movie Night.
Why not give some of our Treats a go next time and see what you think, it’s always good to switch it up. Change is good.
Need some movies to go with your treats? Then why not head over to our Movie Subscription?
You can either click the DVDLocker logo in the top corner of your screen. Or visit us directly by Clicking here
That brings us to the end of this blog.
Thanks for reading and happy eating 🍽
Hello fellow readers, we are back! Welcome back to DVD Locker Insider! We write about Movies as this is our passion, also if you wanted to try out our DVD Locker Subscription Service – you can receive Movies (personalised to what YOU like) each and every month, and the best part? You keep everything we send you. If you want to signup simply click Here to access our website.
So let’s get down to business today we are reviewing the Movie ‘Stories To Tell In The Dark’ directed by andré øvredal. This Movie is pretty new out of the charts (released 2019) and maybe one that has slipped under the radar of people as I don’t personally recall this being advertised prior to launch, this movie is horror / mystery / Thriller.
Small Snippet: The Movie starts back in halloween in 1968, when Stella who portrays a recluse young girl and her 2 close friends find a mysterious character Ramón who is from out of town and not known to anyone. Now with the 4 of them they discover a personal notebook that is full of sinister stories. This movie starts very quickly and straight away you have that sense of dread when they Stella and her 2 friends make a quick escape and end up sitting in Ramón’s car. As the tale further unfolds you witness the intense, scary and dark themes that run throughout. This Movie contains; Flashing images, Dark themes, vivid characters and a bold narrative. The Movie has a runtime of: 108 minutes.
The Storyline: The Movie is based back in 1968 in an American small town called Mill Valley, all the locals of the town know about the ‘Bellows’ family and this has been something that has loomed ever since. The story of the bellows involves a daughter called Sarah who was a young girl who held some very dark secrets. Sarah was tortured in the family mansion situated just on the outskirts of the town, Sarah turned the horrific events she had faced and wrote them in a book in the means of scary stories. When Stella and her group breaks into the mansion and discover the actual book that Sarah has written it gets a little close to home for the group as the stories within become a lot more real and a lot more deadly. Can Stella and her group get to the bottom of this? Can they get rid of the book? Or put it back where it belong..
Our Views: This Movie grips you from the very beginning, the narrative throughout is very strong and easy to understand. The Movie is fast paced, and gets quite dark and jumpy in parts too. The characters are played very well indeed, and the effects and imagery throughout is very vivid and lifelike. As watching this Movie I felt like I was taken back to my childhood days with the TV series ‘Are You Afraid Of The Dark’ of course this was a lot more of a grown ups version. You instantly connect with the characters and at parts are shouting at the TV screen to try and stop the characters doing the wrong thing. This Movie is very enjoyable, well written and has just that perfect balance of dark/gore and horror. Some parts are quite comical.
Final Thoughts: Personally I would say this Movie is worthy of a brilliant night in cuddled up with the curtains closed and lights off. This Movie will appeal to most audiences due to the strong narrative and easy to understand storyline along with the very lifelike characters. The effects used in this Movie are brilliant and does look very real indeed. I also like that the Movie is set in olden times which makes this that little bit different from the new age horror flicks. I just wished they carried on the storyline. With saying that the Movie ends on a cliff hanger and room to add a sequel. If you love a Movie that is clear, precise and grips you from the off – then this Movie is sure to a treat for you, mix that with the added dark scenes and horrific and somewhat disturbing images.
DVD Locker Insider..
Good Morning All, Happy Thursday so the weekend is near approaching which means we are getting closer and closer to our launch of our brand NEW DVD Locker Account!
Let’s give you a quick update of where we currently are so far we have achieved the following in preparation to launch day!
- Added new Features
- Added the option to Customise your DVD Locker Account Experience
- Added LIVE Notifications
- Integrated the blog in Real Time
- Stock a variety of Great Film Extras
- Made Accounts Faster, slicker and Easy
- Integrated various Social Media Platforms
As you can see we have done quite alot to Your Account currently, but we are still in the final process of adding further Features, Extras and more..
We will keep you all posted on our Progress and will soon be launching this Worldwide to every customer
WHAT ELSE HAS BEEN GOING ON?
Apart from our Big DVD Locker Account OS Rebuild, we have some other things in the Pipeline;
Stay tuned, Stay in the Loop
DVD Locker Blogging Team
‘More than Movies’
As we explained in our previous post here
We have started to add Movie Reviews to this website, so you can get the Highs, The Lows about some of DVDLocker’s film choices, we are starting the theme off with HORROR we have over 23,000 titles for you to choose from so this is just 1 of them, we have rated this title 4.1/5 stars see the full review below. Before we go ahead to the review if you are looking for a new, value for money Film service (That you keep the DVDs and Blurays we send) then visit our website here and join the many happy customers we currently serve.
‘Don’t say it, don’t think it. Don’t say it, don’t think it. Don’t say it, don’t think it’ – These are the words the characters in this Horror style film say when they are trying to See the ‘Bye Bye Man’ the story is three college students move into an old house off campus, they unwittingly unleash a supernatural entity known as The Bye Bye Man, who comes to prey upon them once they discover his name. The friends must try to save each other, all the while keeping The Bye Bye Man’s existence a secret to save others from the same deadly fate. This film is pretty good, and full of uneasy moments and some jumpy parts too, if you love a good horror film then this is perfectly good viewing for your Saturday night in!
In the late 1960s, a man mysteriously murders all those closest to him after he finds that they have merely uttered the name of a murderous entity. In the present day, several millennials move into this house, which is just off campus, and begin to experience mysterious events that freak them out. They too become aware of the existence of ‘the Bye Bye Man’, and learn if they even think or say his name, they will be inviting death upon themselves.
If you like films such as Candyman or Bogeyman then you will love this title.
We rate this film quite highly, as from the very start to finish you are encapsulated in the unknown and can feel the horror and the tension right from the very start, this film is very fast paced with lots of different storylines that become one, this film is similar to the likes of Candyman or similar, by summoning death simply by saying the name ‘The Bye Bye Man’ It’s simple to follow, and there are plenty of scares. It’s not too complicated so it doesn’t get tangled up in itself.
This film is fairly low budget in this day and age it did well. The acting was good, the plot was intense and the twists were brilliant.If they had a higher budget I’m sure they could have done even better, and I’m sure a sequel would do well.
If you are looking for a full on Bloody and Gory movie then this wouldn’t be for you, however if you are looking for a Scary, Fast paced and Physiological film then this really could provide you with a great standard Horror Film alternative.
Did you know? – This film as well as many others are available at DVDLocker, simply click here to join us today and get the best movies sent directly to your home, that you keep each and every month, we are also rated 4.9/5 stars on Yell, give us a try today you won’t be disappointed!
Thanks for reading;
DVDLocker Blog Team
So we are currently in February how the time flies by! alot has happened over the last few months, so see our breakdown below;
- We have made your DVDLocker Accounts Better, more reliable and super quick!
- We have added the option for you to Swap your film titles (chosen by our film team) instantly via your account
- We have added current listings of our movies available directly from our website, Now you can see some of the amazing content DVDLocker has to offer
- Due to Customer demand we have Removed the option of a one off payment, all customers voted they want to keep it as a running subscription (of course still month by month, cancel any-time you like)
- We are currently rated at 4.9 out of 5 on review websites – you must like us, and we are so glad 🙂
- We have moved with the times and got a brand spanking new 03 number, if you want to speak to our fantastic team simply dial – 03333 399 850
- Due to customer demand we have amended our opening hours, we are now open the following days and times
Monday – Friday Saturday Sunday
9am —– 7pm 10am—2pm CLOSED
As you can see we have been rather busy in the last few months, as we are always looking to offer our customers a Better, Value for Money service we want to thank each and every customer personally for joining us on our venture, we are coming across as very popular, but one thing we will always put first is YOU our customers
How is March to April looking?
Of course we are working on a few little extras, added bonuses and updated accounts as per usual, see a taster of what’s to come…
- Introduction to LIVE film trailers, you can view directly from our website or your account – Coming Soon
- We have been busy investing more funds into your Entertainment! Get ready for our Boxsets packages – Coming Soon
- We are working on our very own, unique DVDLocker rewards package, we will reward you for staying a loyal member, sound fair? – Coming Soon
- Even though we are still in BETA testing currently, we will be starting to roll out our brand new DVDLocker App – Coming Soon
- We are going to host our very own DVDLocker CustomerChat we don’t expect you to know about this, but simply this will allow all of our existing customers to speak to our team directly via LIVE Chat so we can ask you some questions and you can tell us what you Love, Hate or Want we can then build the service better – Coming Soon
As you can see we have our work cut out for the months of March to April with lots of things going on at DVDLocker HQ, behind the scenes of our company we have got our IT guys working their coding magic to make our website more Secure, Fast and Reliable than ever! We then have our Film Experts who are always on the lookout for the best, iconic & great films that you will LOVE, we then have our marketing team being very social through our Social Media Platforms why not send us a tweet or post a picture with your films? We love a good natter!
There we have our February update we shall be back with you on March 12th
DVDLocker Blogging Team
‘Catch the news inside HQ.. First’
Calling all DVDLocker Customers, Yes YOU
We are so excited to annouce our BRAND NEW feature for September 2017
We love Loyalty so we thought it’s only fair to reward all of our customers for staying with us!
How it works?
Simply keep your subscription running with us, and then as soon as your payment is taken we will award you between 1-4 reward points every month, even if you upgrade/downgrade you will still get your points!
What’s in it for me?
As soon as your ready you can redeem your points for things like;
- FREE Month subscription
- DVDs & Blurays
- Film Hampers, (Which include film, sweets, treats, alcoholic drinks and chocolates)
- Cinema Tickets
- Theatre Tickets
- Breaks away
WOW, when does this start?
Keep your eyes peeled, we are just finalising our new-look account which has our rewards section added, but will be available in the next 3-4 days
Will my points start from now?
No – We have made the decision to backdate all reward points, so for the lucky customers who have been with us a while, you can trade you points shortly and indulge yourself with your treat
What happens once I redeemed my points?
We start again, and again and again, this will roll over each and everytime
I’m not a DVDLocker Customer?
Simply sign up here to be enrolled to our rewards programme!
Happy Wednesday people, so the sun is shining (yay for Summer) and here is our daily blog/film review, if your fortunate to be following us on Twitter @Dvd_locker you would already know that Conjuring 2 was our next film to review, as we always give our followers a heads up before we blog!
So lets begin, we sat down last night and you guessed it.. watched Conjuring 2 we like to mix it up a little abit like our Movie Box’s we don’t like watching the same genre day in day out, I mean we love variety and we assume you do to!
So this film is filmed in London, England, UK which was quite nice to see a British take on the film, The Conjuring 2 doesn’t waste time in bringing on the scare factor!. By that, I mean you’re pretty much lulled into the Conuring world pretty soon after the opening credits (around 3 minutes in.. you get deep)
The Warrens are sent on behalf of the church to investigate some paranormal activity which is whipping up a media storm in Enfield, England and, as per the first movie, they go and attempt to work on the situation. As per the first movie, a family is being haunted and they fear for their sanity and lives. There are a few new twists this time round, so all does not play out as before – but it’s not a complete departure from the format, which might have made it a bit more gripping in places.
James Wan’s trademark visual style is repeated in this movie – his bag of tricks sometimes yielding a sense of deja vu but generally working like a charm. When it’s intended to scare, it really does. The scares come a bit more frequently than in the first movie and do manage to build a lot of tension, even if you’ve seen the original, so well done to Wan for that, We really was clenching our shoulders, and perching on the edge of our seats!
What’s really enjoyable about this movie, is its recreation of 70s England. Wan has really done a great job of this, which is surprising given that he’s not from there. Also, the central support role of Janet Hodgson is pretty crucial to empathising with the Enfield family and Madison Wolfe gives a solid, all round performance.
It’s arguable this one is as strong as the first. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who enjoyed part one, or indeed likes movies of a haunting or supernatural themes.
The film is quick, querky and as already explained scary! It gets tense very quickly, and thickly this film is a must for fans of paranormal and haunting genres – this one is definitely for you!
Did you know?
You can own this title and others, by subscribing to our very popular DVD & Bluray subscription service, with prices starting from as little as £3.99 you can own (and keep) part of the action!
Maybe you want something lighter? We also have Children’s, Drama, Thriller, Action, Comedy, Foreign, Modern Greats, Musicals and more..
See us here
Thanks for reading
DVDLocker Blogging Team