Great London gangster movie , awesome cast and if you were a fan of Harry Brown this would definitely be right up your street !!!
Did you ever watch The shining (1980) and think great movie but I have questions??? I’m confused what am I missing !! Well Doctor Sleep answers all those unanswered questions . Beautifully done and the story line is great , I highly recommend this movie
This is a great little sci fi movie that I think went under the radar, I discovered it by chance and was definitely impressed.
Kellan Lutz was very cool ( took me quite awhile to realise he was the guy from Twilight , I was totally impressed by him ) and the rest of the cast were awesome. So if your a sci fi fan definitely give this a go … would love to see a follow up movie!
A found footage movie , there are plenty of movies about said ranch ! But this is one of my favourite ones , actors are all good and definitely worth a watch . If you like sci fi / horror then I would recommend this!!
Just have the popcorn at the ready! 🍿
I found this a magnificent sci fi movie !! Avoid comparing it to other movies and enjoy it for what it is, a great enjoyable movie!!!
Vincent Cassel deserves a special mention , great performance and T. j Miller brought some light relief to the movie in the most tense of moments. All the cast were good and I would certainly recommend
Thanks for reading 📖
The Irishman (2019) a crime thriller starting in the 1950s . I’m sure most have watched this wonderful movie , it’s definitely a firm favourite of mine . There’s way to many amazing actors to mention but I must say Joe Pesci as Russell Bufalino definitely made his presence felt with just a mere look or a brief smile , you paid attention !! Yes it’s a long film , but in my humble opinion it’s not a minute too long .. so for those of you who haven’t seen it … please do
Brawl in cell block 99 … ( 2017) wow definitely a brutal movie and what a storyline !!!
I’m not a fan of violent movies but this had a great story line … Vince Vaughn was amazing as Bradley Thomas … what an actor I’m used to him portraying the fumbling nice guy , think again in this he’s definitely the hard guy .. blown away by his acting . A prison thriller with a twist …. a movie full of great actors , Don Johnson is fun to watch , in fact all the actors were on point . Want to watch a gritty violent movie with a twist?🤨 Then I definitely recommend this wonderful movie
Thanks for reading.. Stay safe
Borderlands (2013) is definitely one of my favourite scary movies . A group are sent to a church to investigate a miracle from the Vatican. It’s a movie that grabs you early on , the unease building throughout the movie . Visually very cool . No spoilers from me but if your a fan of horror / supernatural this is definitely worth a watch. Gordon Kennedy / Deacon is absolutely awesome to watch . In fact all the actors are great . This isn’t a big budget movie and may of gone unnoticed… wake up call guys this movie is definitely worth watching..
Did you know? You could get this movie from DVD Locker as part of our subscription service.. want to know more? Find out here
Thanks for reading, happy watching
Fanboys (2009) is my go to movie to watch and guaranteed to make me smile . It’s definitely one of my feel good movie favourites. It’s a definite must watch for Star Wars fans and keep your eyes peeled for the cameos . So the story is based on a group of hard core fans of Star Wars and their raid on sky Walker ranch . I love the references to Star Trek too and being a fan of both , it certainly made me giggle , it’s a movie that pokes fun at fandom in a kind way and anyone whose dabbled in the convention scene will have definitely met characters like this 😁 I loved Dan Fogler aka Hutch… his character was a hoot , made me laugh … in fact all the actors/ characters were wonderful .
I’m not going to give away the story lines … just take my word for it …. it’s definitely worth a watch , there’s a nerd in every one of us…
As the saying goes out with the old in the NEW come and see our new website for yourself we’d love your feedback and thoughts 🙂
You can see our website at – www.dvdlocker.co.uk
You know what goes great with a Movie? Some good old treats! Oh yes why not upgrade your Movie Night and make it extra special..
We at DVDLocker are passionate about Movies, our company made by Movie Lovers for Movie Lovers. We’ve had a discussion of our staff members favourite treats and snacks whilst watching a Movie, of course our results were very different but we’d love to share our Top 10 Treats that seemed to have come out on top !
- Number 1 — Popcorn – A true classic for any movie out there! No wonder why the cinemas use this past time.. And before you ask we prefer salted Y-U-M-M-Y!!
- Number 2 — Haribos – The modern day favourite that’s great for adults too! A lot of our staff seemed to agree that these sweets are to good NOT to miss! Our favourite: the eggs mmmmmm!
- Number 3 — Cucumber & Humus – This one came in a not to shabby third place! OK so a lot of staff are vegan and vegetarians, but if your looking for a refreshing, healthy and guilt free snack then this is the one for you.
- Number 4 — Chocolate Buttons – Now we are talking, I personally love these (no guessing which I opted for) specially the large buttons perfect for those melt in your mouth kind of moments, pure chocolate heaven!
- Number 5 — Pringles – This causes a slight divide with us in DVDLocker HQ as we thought the “crunch” noise would distract you from the movie! However it’s still ended up in spot number 5 on our list, after all once you pop… Our favourite flavour I hear you ask – Sour cream & Chive.
- Number 6 — Olives – Again we are back on the healthy route, olives are a great all rounder that’s not only good for you but soo nice too, so why not switch up your treats for something different..
- Number 7 — Cheese & Crackers – If you wanted to have a slightly more up market treat whilst your settling down to a great movie, then you can’t go wrong good ol’ cheese and crackers! Even if you don’t like cheese crackers on their own with some butter are devine..
- Number 8 — Pretzels – Popular by most, Pretzels are a great appetiser that’s perfect for to enhance your viewing experience. The saltiness of the pretzels will make you want more and more just don’t forget to have a drink handy!
- Number 9 — Nachos & Cheese – If your looking to upgrade your treats then Nachos and Cheese is a serious contender! A perfect yet naughty treat that will keep you coming back for more and more.. just remember to keep your eyes on the screen or at least pause so you don’t miss out any of the movie 😉
- Number 10 — Nuts – Finally that grabbed the number 10 spot was nuts! Whether you like peanuts, walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts or pecans they are a great and simple snack that is healthier and of course satisfying.
So there you have it our very own Top 10 Treats to accompany your Movie Night! – Hopefully we’ve given you some ideas and inspiration for your next Movie Night.
Why not give some of our Treats a go next time and see what you think, it’s always good to switch it up. Change is good.
Need some movies to go with your treats? Then why not head over to our Movie Subscription?
You can either click the DVDLocker logo in the top corner of your screen. Or visit us directly by Clicking here
That brings us to the end of this blog.
Thanks for reading and happy eating 🍽
OK, so yes we’ve been in a pandemic which I’m sure will be going down in the History Books. Times have been well a little uncertain to say the least, with 1000s or deaths (R.I.P x), businesses going under, staff members being furloughed and of course the whole world being banned from leaving the house apart from for essential purposes only..
So yes 2020 hasn’t been the best to us, even us at DVDLocker had to restructure a few things to make sure we safeguarded our future.
With a lot of time on our hands, and the ability for all our staff members to work from home remotely we have been working on some new, improved offerings that we cannot wait to bring to your DVDLocker membership!
So this post is about all the NEW things you can expect to see in the upcoming weeks ahead…
- Our very own DVDLocker Shop – this is our brand new offering, we will be allowing our members access to some great movies from Steel Boxsets, Special Edition movies and more..
- Upgrade Your Deliveries – We know the post has been somewhat slow over the last few months, so coming soon you can have the standard delivery which will be at NO COST to you, or you can choose to upgrade to a Tracked Service, Next Day Service and more! These will carry an additional cost but you can opt in and out anytime you like.
- Fresh Movies – We have been adding more and more titles to our monthly movie subscription service to give you better choices than ever!
- Perks – Oh yes! Perks are coming back and with a vengeance! Get ready for some great prizes, competitions and freebies and yes this is completely FREE as part of your DVDLocker subscription.
- DVDLocker insider returns – This one seems quite obvious as your reading as we speak, however we’ve returned and will be writing more content than ever and of coirsr some sneaky DVDLocker insider peaks too!
- Out with the old in with the new – We have tweaked and changed our packaging and materials for a fresh new look! You will start seeing the new look packages from July onwards.. We have changed our packaging to a more ECO friendly product that is 100% recyclable – yes that’s right, 100%!! And we have also changed our flyers to cards too.
- Price Rise FREEZE – As with most businesses as times go on prices do tend to increase we haven’t had a price increase since 2016 as we do try to keep our prices fair. However as of August 2020 we will be bringing in our price increase – the good news?! For every existing DVDLocker subscriber your price will remain frozen! So yes you won’t be affected by this.
- 4K Plans – Yes you heard right our 4K plans will be launching very shortly. Are you ready for a different view?
- A List Movies – We will be adding a new add on which will allow you to have the newest movies to date! These titles will be anything from 2019 – 2020 so you will get the newest stuff that has hit the screens! Keep your eyes peeled for this add on launching soon..
- DVDLocker is changing – And finally in the background our IT geeks have been updating, coding and altering our DVDLocker website from the ground up, a little hint? We’ve gone for a different colour scheme; all shall be revealed before August! We can’t wait to hear your thoughts.
As you can see we have been busy working on additional features, add ons and services to bring your more value & excitement to your DVDLocker monthly subscription – we cannot wait for you to try these out for yourself!
So until next time Stay Safe
Hello fellow readers, we are back! Welcome back to DVD Locker Insider! We write about Movies as this is our passion, also if you wanted to try out our DVD Locker Subscription Service – you can receive Movies (personalised to what YOU like) each and every month, and the best part? You keep everything we send you. If you want to signup simply click Here to access our website.
So let’s get down to business today we are reviewing the Movie ‘Stories To Tell In The Dark’ directed by andré øvredal. This Movie is pretty new out of the charts (released 2019) and maybe one that has slipped under the radar of people as I don’t personally recall this being advertised prior to launch, this movie is horror / mystery / Thriller.
Small Snippet: The Movie starts back in halloween in 1968, when Stella who portrays a recluse young girl and her 2 close friends find a mysterious character Ramón who is from out of town and not known to anyone. Now with the 4 of them they discover a personal notebook that is full of sinister stories. This movie starts very quickly and straight away you have that sense of dread when they Stella and her 2 friends make a quick escape and end up sitting in Ramón’s car. As the tale further unfolds you witness the intense, scary and dark themes that run throughout. This Movie contains; Flashing images, Dark themes, vivid characters and a bold narrative. The Movie has a runtime of: 108 minutes.
The Storyline: The Movie is based back in 1968 in an American small town called Mill Valley, all the locals of the town know about the ‘Bellows’ family and this has been something that has loomed ever since. The story of the bellows involves a daughter called Sarah who was a young girl who held some very dark secrets. Sarah was tortured in the family mansion situated just on the outskirts of the town, Sarah turned the horrific events she had faced and wrote them in a book in the means of scary stories. When Stella and her group breaks into the mansion and discover the actual book that Sarah has written it gets a little close to home for the group as the stories within become a lot more real and a lot more deadly. Can Stella and her group get to the bottom of this? Can they get rid of the book? Or put it back where it belong..
Our Views: This Movie grips you from the very beginning, the narrative throughout is very strong and easy to understand. The Movie is fast paced, and gets quite dark and jumpy in parts too. The characters are played very well indeed, and the effects and imagery throughout is very vivid and lifelike. As watching this Movie I felt like I was taken back to my childhood days with the TV series ‘Are You Afraid Of The Dark’ of course this was a lot more of a grown ups version. You instantly connect with the characters and at parts are shouting at the TV screen to try and stop the characters doing the wrong thing. This Movie is very enjoyable, well written and has just that perfect balance of dark/gore and horror. Some parts are quite comical.
Final Thoughts: Personally I would say this Movie is worthy of a brilliant night in cuddled up with the curtains closed and lights off. This Movie will appeal to most audiences due to the strong narrative and easy to understand storyline along with the very lifelike characters. The effects used in this Movie are brilliant and does look very real indeed. I also like that the Movie is set in olden times which makes this that little bit different from the new age horror flicks. I just wished they carried on the storyline. With saying that the Movie ends on a cliff hanger and room to add a sequel. If you love a Movie that is clear, precise and grips you from the off – then this Movie is sure to a treat for you, mix that with the added dark scenes and horrific and somewhat disturbing images.
DVD Locker Insider..
Do you love films? How about trying us out and of course it’s risk Free. Well explain how and what the process is below;
- Create your very own DVDLocker account
- Make your payment (as low as 4.99)
- Answer our film questionnaire (so our film experts can match you with some great movies)
- Keep an eye out on the postie – no need to be in we can deliver straight through your letterbox (no missed deliveries YAY)
- Close the curtains (or blinds), lights off, popcorn out it’s SHOWTIME, sit back & enjoy your movies.
- Rate your movies we sent you so we can build even better profiles for you each and every-time!
And that’s the DVDLocker way!
Join us today just click Here
Any don’t forget you keep everything we send you so you really can build up your movie collection with us for as long or as little as you like – simply cancel anytime by logging into your online account.
Good Morning All, Happy Thursday so the weekend is near approaching which means we are getting closer and closer to our launch of our brand NEW DVD Locker Account!
Let’s give you a quick update of where we currently are so far we have achieved the following in preparation to launch day!
- Added new Features
- Added the option to Customise your DVD Locker Account Experience
- Added LIVE Notifications
- Integrated the blog in Real Time
- Stock a variety of Great Film Extras
- Made Accounts Faster, slicker and Easy
- Integrated various Social Media Platforms
As you can see we have done quite alot to Your Account currently, but we are still in the final process of adding further Features, Extras and more..
We will keep you all posted on our Progress and will soon be launching this Worldwide to every customer
WHAT ELSE HAS BEEN GOING ON?
Apart from our Big DVD Locker Account OS Rebuild, we have some other things in the Pipeline;
Stay tuned, Stay in the Loop
DVD Locker Blogging Team
‘More than Movies’
Here is our PROMO offer for all NEW customers who join anytime from Now until June 30th, so all the low down’s for this below;
WHAT – Get FREE Popcorn with your Movies when you join online!
WHEN – Anytime from NOW until 30th June 2018.. So Go.. Go.. Go
HOW – You will receive your FREE popcorn with your first order – enjoy
FLAVOUR – Your Taste-buds your Rules, choose from Sweet, Salted or our Random options
Please read below the General Terms and Conditions that are attached to this PROMO OFFER. – They aren’t long winded we promise 🙂
General Terms & Conditions for May-June 2018 Popcorn Offer:
Only a maximum of 1 offer code applied per household
Customers who choose any package with 2 x discs or more will automatically be accepted onto the Promo offer
Only valid from 30th May – 30th June
Customers with 1 x disc option will not be included
Shipping and Delivery is provided FREE, You will receive your popcorn with your 1st instalment of Movies
Only valid for new customers between dates shown above.
AFTER THE PROMO?
Once the PROMO has ended and/or you have already redeemed your FREE popcorn, you will be able to add this as an Optional Extra on your DVD Locker Account for as long as you choose, you can cancel the added option at any given time, and order as many as you want per month, the cost per month going forward would be £1.20 per month (UK) or $1.59 (US) EXTRA per Bag of Popcorn we will of course offer a 30% Discount when you add 4 or more bags per month.
WILL YOU CHARGE ME AFTER THE PROMO HAS ENDED?
Of course we wouldn’t charge you for Popcorn once you have redeemed your Offer, As soon as you have used up your PROMO and/or it has expired, IF you wanted to continue getting Popcorn more regular, you would simply login to your DVD Locker Account and click on the Extras section of your Profile, you can then select what you would like to add to your Subscriptions each month.
HOW DO I CANCEL THE EXTRA POPCORN?
You can cancel any subsequent Extras by simply clicking STOP in your DVD Locker Account, changes will be actioned Immediately and no further Extras will be sent out to you.
AM I TIED IN IF I OPT IN FOR THE EXTRA’S?
Absolutely NOT, we at DVD Locker NEVER Tie in our Customers to anything, you can Start and Stop as and when you choose – just how it should be.
If you need more Clarity or Advice on the Extra’s Opt in, then please either comment below, or contact our UK Customer Support here
**Please be aware Customers will start seeing ‘Extras’ on their account, once we have migrated your account to our newest update, we expect to have this completed for everyone by this Friday coming or sooner..**
Thanks for reading!
DVD Locker Blogging Team
‘More than Movies’
Well Hello again…
Good news – We are back online sorry we haven’t been on here in like forever, but not to worry we are back and with a vengeance!
Now let’s explain what happened (briefly) shall we?
Don’t worry no sob stories will be given 🙂
We have been mega busy with DVDLocker and have had been off doing events all over the world, I know exciting right!? And we’ve also recruited a few newbies to our company
So as you can now hopefully see how busy we have been and we shall be launching the new, better, faster & Smarter DVDLocker website and login portal shortly
There is so much happening, but of course we shall update you when we are due to release..
Why not get social with us? We are here, there and well pretty much everywhere! (Or was when we was at various events over the past few months)
See our Social Media Handles below, to really connect with us personally:
This week, is going to be a big upgrade for all involved with DVDLocker! Watch this space, we hope you enjoy the new features we are bringing to our customers, staff, clients and contractors
Join in the discussion, feel free to leave notes below and of course we shall reply
DVDLocker Blogging Team
‘More than Movies’
Hello Film Lovers out there!
As the picture says we are going to be adding Movie Reviews to our DVDLocker News page – So if you want a heads up on a Movie what better way than to read a Review and get an insider look!
We are starting this from today, so please check back and see what we are writing about, what will happen is each week we will choose a specific Topic to write about from different Film genres, we have the following genres available; Horror, Thriller, Action, Comedy, Family, Children, Musicals, Drama, Romcom, SciFi, Modern Greats, Blockbusters, TV Series, Romance, War & Western and Foreign
Please note that all the films that we write about are available from our DVDLocker Subscription Package if you want to join us simply click HERE
Let the writing commence..
DVDLocker Blog Team
We have something rather exciting to tell you all, read below to find out more…
WHAT: As you may nor may not be aware, we have been working on adding a new service to the DVDLocker platform, due to our past and recent success’s and of course our very valuable customer feedback we have decided to go full steam ahead on adding our Box-sets additions to our listings, meaning as well as films you can select a TV Box-set Package
WHEN: Originally this was going to be worked on during March-April, however since we have almost all of our stock available this will be something we plan to launch by the end of February so keep your eyes peeled!
Below we are going to be answering some questions in regards to our brand new TV box-set service;
Where will the Box-sets be located? – This will take centre stage of our website, where you currently see the options to choose DVD or Bluray, we will add a third option in there, yep you guessed it TV Box-sets will be an option!
What types of TV Series will you be having? – We currently have around 9,000 different TV Series in our listings, we have a wide variety of well everything from Downtown Abbey to Prison Break, we also have Family Guy and Simpson’s and everything in between..
How will you know what TV Series I like? – This will work similar to how we select your film choices, you will be presented with a questionnaire and then asked to rate certain TV Series from a list we provide, we will then take this information and convert this into a match made in heaven for your TV viewing pleasure!
What if I don’t like what you pick for me? – As always you have the option to swap your TV Series selection our team has picked for you, and remember you can have unlimited swaps, however be mindful that from customer feedback we actually get it right quite alot of the time, so you can be rest assured we know our stuff 🙂
Can I upgrade from my Film Package to the TV Box-sets? – Absolutely! Upgrading your account in your DVDLocker account is as simple as 1..2..3, changes are instant as well, so if you decide to change over from Films to TV Box-sets, you simply click on the TV Box-sets package and click upgrade, your membership will then stay on the TV Box-sets package until you instruct us otherwise.
Do I keep the Box-sets you send out? – This is something that we here DVDLocker Pride ourselves on, everything we send you, is yours to keep we do not require any customer to send back any of the discs we send you! That’s why you really can build up your film collection with us..
Will the TV Box-sets be BRAND new? – Of course, everything we send to our customers are 100% genuine DVDs, Films and TV Series, we pride ourselves on quality of our items we send you, we do of course check that the discs work perfectly, this is known as our ‘Test and Send’ procedure, where we have a specialist team who make sure the discs are perfect from beginning to end we will always send you the highest quality products.
How much are the TV Box-sets gonna be? – The Box-sets option will be the following prices; this will include the whole series of any of the TV Series we have available, we will base our results upon your questionnaire and your selection process, as we stated earlier if you aren’t happy with the selection you can always swap it simply from your DVDLocker Account.
For DVDs – £14.99 per month
For Blurays – £23.99 per month
Can I get both Films and TV Series from you? – This is something that we are currently discussing and working out, so we will keep you posted on this one, we want to be able to bring you the best Entertainment we can offer at an affordable, monthly price, we have even talked about having a Film and TV Plan that sends you both content each month, again this is still something that we are testing to see if it’s going to work.
When will I see the TV Box-sets on the website? – We are due to launch this new service at the end of the month! Not to long to wait…
We hope we have given you an insight of our latest editions to the DVDLocker Family, if you have any questions regarding this please contact us via the following lines of communication; Email, LIVE Chat, Whattsapp Messenger, Text Message, Telephone
Have a great day!
DVDLocker Blog Team
So we are currently in February how the time flies by! alot has happened over the last few months, so see our breakdown below;
- We have made your DVDLocker Accounts Better, more reliable and super quick!
- We have added the option for you to Swap your film titles (chosen by our film team) instantly via your account
- We have added current listings of our movies available directly from our website, Now you can see some of the amazing content DVDLocker has to offer
- Due to Customer demand we have Removed the option of a one off payment, all customers voted they want to keep it as a running subscription (of course still month by month, cancel any-time you like)
- We are currently rated at 4.9 out of 5 on review websites – you must like us, and we are so glad 🙂
- We have moved with the times and got a brand spanking new 03 number, if you want to speak to our fantastic team simply dial – 03333 399 850
- Due to customer demand we have amended our opening hours, we are now open the following days and times
Monday – Friday Saturday Sunday
9am —– 7pm 10am—2pm CLOSED
As you can see we have been rather busy in the last few months, as we are always looking to offer our customers a Better, Value for Money service we want to thank each and every customer personally for joining us on our venture, we are coming across as very popular, but one thing we will always put first is YOU our customers
How is March to April looking?
Of course we are working on a few little extras, added bonuses and updated accounts as per usual, see a taster of what’s to come…
- Introduction to LIVE film trailers, you can view directly from our website or your account – Coming Soon
- We have been busy investing more funds into your Entertainment! Get ready for our Boxsets packages – Coming Soon
- We are working on our very own, unique DVDLocker rewards package, we will reward you for staying a loyal member, sound fair? – Coming Soon
- Even though we are still in BETA testing currently, we will be starting to roll out our brand new DVDLocker App – Coming Soon
- We are going to host our very own DVDLocker CustomerChat we don’t expect you to know about this, but simply this will allow all of our existing customers to speak to our team directly via LIVE Chat so we can ask you some questions and you can tell us what you Love, Hate or Want we can then build the service better – Coming Soon
As you can see we have our work cut out for the months of March to April with lots of things going on at DVDLocker HQ, behind the scenes of our company we have got our IT guys working their coding magic to make our website more Secure, Fast and Reliable than ever! We then have our Film Experts who are always on the lookout for the best, iconic & great films that you will LOVE, we then have our marketing team being very social through our Social Media Platforms why not send us a tweet or post a picture with your films? We love a good natter!
There we have our February update we shall be back with you on March 12th
DVDLocker Blogging Team
‘Catch the news inside HQ.. First’