Wasn’t expecting too much from this action sci-fi but was pleasantly surprised. I found myself really enjoying this movie , just a fun sci-fi and had some great actors involved , a shout out to Alexander Siddig and Rhonda Mitra . So pop open the popcorn and enjoy ?
Well this is a sci fi drama which I thought was well made and the actors were all wonderful !
It’s storyline definitely kept me interested and the plot was quite thought provoking. So it’s definitely on my list as a movie I recommend ?
Great London gangster movie , awesome cast and if you were a fan of Harry Brown this would definitely be right up your street !!!
Did you ever watch The shining (1980) and think great movie but I have questions??? I’m confused what am I missing !! Well Doctor Sleep answers all those unanswered questions . Beautifully done and the story line is great , I highly recommend this movie
A fun British vampire movie, with a stellar cast . It definitely had its moments and certainly brought a smile to my face … I really can’t pick one particular actor , I thought they were all great . If your a fan of either vampires or comedy this should definitely be on your viewing list … I found it to be a fun film
This is a great little sci fi movie that I think went under the radar, I discovered it by chance and was definitely impressed.
Kellan Lutz was very cool ( took me quite awhile to realise he was the guy from Twilight , I was totally impressed by him ) and the rest of the cast were awesome. So if your a sci fi fan definitely give this a go … would love to see a follow up movie!
A found footage movie , there are plenty of movies about said ranch ! But this is one of my favourite ones , actors are all good and definitely worth a watch . If you like sci fi / horror then I would recommend this!!
Just have the popcorn at the ready! ?
I found this a magnificent sci fi movie !! Avoid comparing it to other movies and enjoy it for what it is, a great enjoyable movie!!!
Vincent Cassel deserves a special mention , great performance and T. j Miller brought some light relief to the movie in the most tense of moments. All the cast were good and I would certainly recommend
Thanks for reading ?
Simply tell us the Movie Title to WIN it for FREE! You don’t even need to be a current DVD Locker subscriber… Simply send your answer to:
For Twitter entries: @DVD_Locker or #dvdlocker
For Facebook entries: #Dvdlocker
For Instagram entries: #dvdlocker
For blog entries: simply comment below
Competition ends at 22:00 on 02/02/21.
The Irishman (2019) a crime thriller starting in the 1950s . I’m sure most have watched this wonderful movie , it’s definitely a firm favourite of mine . There’s way to many amazing actors to mention but I must say Joe Pesci as Russell Bufalino definitely made his presence felt with just a mere look or a brief smile , you paid attention !! Yes it’s a long film , but in my humble opinion it’s not a minute too long .. so for those of you who haven’t seen it … please do
Brawl in cell block 99 … ( 2017) wow definitely a brutal movie and what a storyline !!!
I’m not a fan of violent movies but this had a great story line … Vince Vaughn was amazing as Bradley Thomas … what an actor I’m used to him portraying the fumbling nice guy , think again in this he’s definitely the hard guy .. blown away by his acting . A prison thriller with a twist …. a movie full of great actors , Don Johnson is fun to watch , in fact all the actors were on point . Want to watch a gritty violent movie with a twist?? Then I definitely recommend this wonderful movie
Thanks for reading.. Stay safe
Borderlands (2013) is definitely one of my favourite scary movies . A group are sent to a church to investigate a miracle from the Vatican. It’s a movie that grabs you early on , the unease building throughout the movie . Visually very cool . No spoilers from me but if your a fan of horror / supernatural this is definitely worth a watch. Gordon Kennedy / Deacon is absolutely awesome to watch . In fact all the actors are great . This isn’t a big budget movie and may of gone unnoticed… wake up call guys this movie is definitely worth watching..
Did you know? You could get this movie from DVD Locker as part of our subscription service.. want to know more? Find out here
Thanks for reading, happy watching
Fanboys (2009) is my go to movie to watch and guaranteed to make me smile . It’s definitely one of my feel good movie favourites. It’s a definite must watch for Star Wars fans and keep your eyes peeled for the cameos . So the story is based on a group of hard core fans of Star Wars and their raid on sky Walker ranch . I love the references to Star Trek too and being a fan of both , it certainly made me giggle , it’s a movie that pokes fun at fandom in a kind way and anyone whose dabbled in the convention scene will have definitely met characters like this ? I loved Dan Fogler aka Hutch… his character was a hoot , made me laugh … in fact all the actors/ characters were wonderful .
I’m not going to give away the story lines … just take my word for it …. it’s definitely worth a watch , there’s a nerd in every one of us…
As the saying goes out with the old in the NEW come and see our new website for yourself we’d love your feedback and thoughts 🙂
You can see our website at – www.dvdlocker.co.uk
You know what goes great with a Movie? Some good old treats! Oh yes why not upgrade your Movie Night and make it extra special..
We at DVDLocker are passionate about Movies, our company made by Movie Lovers for Movie Lovers. We’ve had a discussion of our staff members favourite treats and snacks whilst watching a Movie, of course our results were very different but we’d love to share our Top 10 Treats that seemed to have come out on top !
- Number 1 — Popcorn – A true classic for any movie out there! No wonder why the cinemas use this past time.. And before you ask we prefer salted Y-U-M-M-Y!!
- Number 2 — Haribos – The modern day favourite that’s great for adults too! A lot of our staff seemed to agree that these sweets are to good NOT to miss! Our favourite: the eggs mmmmmm!
- Number 3 — Cucumber & Humus – This one came in a not to shabby third place! OK so a lot of staff are vegan and vegetarians, but if your looking for a refreshing, healthy and guilt free snack then this is the one for you.
- Number 4 — Chocolate Buttons – Now we are talking, I personally love these (no guessing which I opted for) specially the large buttons perfect for those melt in your mouth kind of moments, pure chocolate heaven!
- Number 5 — Pringles – This causes a slight divide with us in DVDLocker HQ as we thought the “crunch” noise would distract you from the movie! However it’s still ended up in spot number 5 on our list, after all once you pop… Our favourite flavour I hear you ask – Sour cream & Chive.
- Number 6 — Olives – Again we are back on the healthy route, olives are a great all rounder that’s not only good for you but soo nice too, so why not switch up your treats for something different..
- Number 7 — Cheese & Crackers – If you wanted to have a slightly more up market treat whilst your settling down to a great movie, then you can’t go wrong good ol’ cheese and crackers! Even if you don’t like cheese crackers on their own with some butter are devine..
- Number 8 — Pretzels – Popular by most, Pretzels are a great appetiser that’s perfect for to enhance your viewing experience. The saltiness of the pretzels will make you want more and more just don’t forget to have a drink handy!
- Number 9 — Nachos & Cheese – If your looking to upgrade your treats then Nachos and Cheese is a serious contender! A perfect yet naughty treat that will keep you coming back for more and more.. just remember to keep your eyes on the screen or at least pause so you don’t miss out any of the movie 😉
- Number 10 — Nuts – Finally that grabbed the number 10 spot was nuts! Whether you like peanuts, walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts or pecans they are a great and simple snack that is healthier and of course satisfying.
So there you have it our very own Top 10 Treats to accompany your Movie Night! – Hopefully we’ve given you some ideas and inspiration for your next Movie Night.
Why not give some of our Treats a go next time and see what you think, it’s always good to switch it up. Change is good.
Need some movies to go with your treats? Then why not head over to our Movie Subscription?
You can either click the DVDLocker logo in the top corner of your screen. Or visit us directly by Clicking here
That brings us to the end of this blog.
Thanks for reading and happy eating ?
OK, so yes we’ve been in a pandemic which I’m sure will be going down in the History Books. Times have been well a little uncertain to say the least, with 1000s or deaths (R.I.P x), businesses going under, staff members being furloughed and of course the whole world being banned from leaving the house apart from for essential purposes only..
So yes 2020 hasn’t been the best to us, even us at DVDLocker had to restructure a few things to make sure we safeguarded our future.
With a lot of time on our hands, and the ability for all our staff members to work from home remotely we have been working on some new, improved offerings that we cannot wait to bring to your DVDLocker membership!
So this post is about all the NEW things you can expect to see in the upcoming weeks ahead…
- Our very own DVDLocker Shop – this is our brand new offering, we will be allowing our members access to some great movies from Steel Boxsets, Special Edition movies and more..
- Upgrade Your Deliveries – We know the post has been somewhat slow over the last few months, so coming soon you can have the standard delivery which will be at NO COST to you, or you can choose to upgrade to a Tracked Service, Next Day Service and more! These will carry an additional cost but you can opt in and out anytime you like.
- Fresh Movies – We have been adding more and more titles to our monthly movie subscription service to give you better choices than ever!
- Perks – Oh yes! Perks are coming back and with a vengeance! Get ready for some great prizes, competitions and freebies and yes this is completely FREE as part of your DVDLocker subscription.
- DVDLocker insider returns – This one seems quite obvious as your reading as we speak, however we’ve returned and will be writing more content than ever and of coirsr some sneaky DVDLocker insider peaks too!
- Out with the old in with the new – We have tweaked and changed our packaging and materials for a fresh new look! You will start seeing the new look packages from July onwards.. We have changed our packaging to a more ECO friendly product that is 100% recyclable – yes that’s right, 100%!! And we have also changed our flyers to cards too.
- Price Rise FREEZE – As with most businesses as times go on prices do tend to increase we haven’t had a price increase since 2016 as we do try to keep our prices fair. However as of August 2020 we will be bringing in our price increase – the good news?! For every existing DVDLocker subscriber your price will remain frozen! So yes you won’t be affected by this.
- 4K Plans – Yes you heard right our 4K plans will be launching very shortly. Are you ready for a different view?
- A List Movies – We will be adding a new add on which will allow you to have the newest movies to date! These titles will be anything from 2019 – 2020 so you will get the newest stuff that has hit the screens! Keep your eyes peeled for this add on launching soon..
- DVDLocker is changing – And finally in the background our IT geeks have been updating, coding and altering our DVDLocker website from the ground up, a little hint? We’ve gone for a different colour scheme; all shall be revealed before August! We can’t wait to hear your thoughts.
As you can see we have been busy working on additional features, add ons and services to bring your more value & excitement to your DVDLocker monthly subscription – we cannot wait for you to try these out for yourself!
So until next time Stay Safe
Well hello! Readers, we just wanted to provide a quick update, we are officially back!
We will start writing our content shortly and yes we have quite a lot to catch-up on…
From all the DVDLocker Insider team – we hope you are keeping safe and well during these crazy times!
Stay tuned for some great Movie Reviews coming up shortly..
Happy Monday readers!
Let’s start the week with a high! Let’s get moving and get our hearts pumping with our very own Lockdown Class!
Due to the ongoing pandemic of COVID19 we haven’t wrote much content as we’ve been focusing on helping and supporting our customers during this unpredictable times.
With more and more people working from hope and actually being at home more than ever! We wanted to share some little hints, tips and Tricks with you all to ensure you stay safe and healthy, therefore welcome to DVDLocker’s Lockdown Class! Now of course DVDLocker is a movie subscription and not quite linked to the world of fitness however by following some of our simple steps you can really start getting your steps back in, clearing your mind and feeling better in yourself – so if your ready all you need is:
- Towel ?
- Plenty of water ?
- Exercise Mat ?
- Your favourite music ?
Important disclaimer – Please only attempt our class if you have no serious underlining health conditions, if you are unsure please speak with your doctor or a medical professional before participating with any form of exercise. IF you feel dizzy, light headed or very short of breath during this routine please STOP immediately safety is paramount.
THE SETUP ?
OK! So you’ve got everything above and raring to go, first place your Mat on a level surface and ensure you have enough space to move around freely. Get your water at the ready and in reaching distance. Your Towel should also be near by for when you need to wipe away that glaze on your face.. and of course one of the most important items! Press Play and get the music pumping…
THE WARM UP ?
To start us off we are going to get our joints nice and loose, and get our heart rate beating a little.
1) Start marching on the Mat, swing your arms, and keep your knees up – slow pace, for 40 seconds
2) OK, now your marching! Let’s pick up the pace simply Start going FASTER and keep those knees up (this will be like a jog) – fast pace, for 30 seconds
3) STOP marching, and let’s start doing some Jumping Jacks Make sure to spread both your legs and arms on each and every jump – medium pace, for 40 seconds
Now your nicely warmed up, your heart rate should now be beating faster, and your working up a little sweat! Don’t forget to stay hydrated use your water to keep going..
LET’S GET JUMPING ?
4) Start hopping on the spot (like a kind of bunny) but push up from your feet – medium pace, for 40 seconds
5) Change from hopping on both feet to your RIGHT leg only – slow pace for 10 seconds
6) Now SWITCH! Start hopping on your LEFT leg instead – remain with a nice slow pace for another 10 seconds
7) Back to Jumping Jacks this time we are going to pick up the pace, so let’s do – fast pace for 30 seconds
LET’S TAKE A BREAK ?
8) ——- BREAK ——– Your doing Fantastic! Have some of your water, and wipe away that glaze on your face – remember keep smiling 🙂 it WILL help you continue – you’ve now done 3.5 minutes in total we are going to have a 40 second break remaining standing try not to sit down at this point if you can…
LET’S LIE DOWN ?
9) Back to work! Lay down on your Mat and lift both your knees up like your sat on a chair position your body should have an ‘L’ shape, put your hands behind your head.. great! Now let’s do 20 x sit-ups and remember breathe inhale from the nose and exhale through the mouth..
10) Lift both your Back and Legs off the Mat and hold the position, rotate from left to right with your arms and your torso as if your pulling a rope complete 2 pulls per side (2 pulls LEFT, 2 pulls right) complete this 20 times in total
LET’S SHAKE IT OFF! ?
11) Stand up and SHAKE your Legs, Arms, Feet to loosen those joints – nice and slow for 10 seconds
LET’S COOL DOWN ?
14) Sit down on the Mat, with both legs crossed and take some nice deep breaths in and out – nice and slow for a final 60 seconds
WELL DONE ?
You’ve completed our Class! We hope your feeling good remember moving daily can really help your joints and mind. We hope you’ve enjoyed. Now grab something to eat a Banana is excellent after exercise and sweet too!
Until next time, Stay Safe
Due to the recent pandemic of COVID19 we have had to temporary stop DVD Locker Insider as we are focusing all our efforts supporting all our customers and staff members during this difficult time.
Back soon – We will be back to normal shortly and will get new blogs published for you to read and enjoy!
From all the DVD Locker Team
We’re here to provide the entertainment so you can stay at home and stay safe.
If you need to contact us, you can do so through all the usual options such as a secure account message, email, live chat and phone (however we are busier than usual by phone) so if you can use another method if you can to contact us.
All our movies are dispatched via Royal Mail and there may be slightly longer times between your movies being dispatched and you receiving your movies.
If you had a signature on delivery, this option has been removed to ensure a contactless delivery.
We Deliver The Entertainment To You, Stay At Home, Stay Safe.
Thank you for your understanding and we will get through this together.